Thursday, November 19, 2009

Playing Catchup

Okay, so a month after we take our beach trip, I am finally getting around to posting pictures. I wish I also had pictures of the two things we used the most that weekend: our jackets and the blue "booger-getter." Unfortunately, our trip was planned for the weekend when a major cold front came through, and we actually had to buy jackets while we were at the beach. Because of the cold weather and 30mph winds, we only spent a small amount of time at the beach, but I believe Charlie loved it...between splashing in the ocean, digging a HUGE hole in the sand, and looking for sand crabs, he was giddy and so excited. Now as for the "booger-getter"...well, Charlie had a pretty nasty cold, and I can't keep count of how many times we had to hold him down and take care of that nose! I will be so glad when he learns to blow his own nose! Despite the weather, the child with a nasty cold, and the tantrums of a 2 year old....we enjoyed it and can't wait for our next family vacation!

Beach time...







One of the best 'surprises' from the trip was that some of our favorite people were on vacation right down the beach from us! We were able to enjoy dinner and playtime with our two families.

Charlie and Thomas






(this cracks me up...he did NOT want to get off this ride!)

Charlie was just tall enough to ride go-carts with his Daddy...he was fearless and LOVED it!




The Gulf Shores Zoo was a fun outing -- we got to feed tons of animals! It is hands-down my favorite zoo I've ever been to -- just because of how simple it was, yet there were so many animals to see!

When can we go back?!?!

No comments: