Saturday, December 4, 2010

Sweet Words to Remember

I had to blog this before I forget the words to this conversation....

Charlie had gotten up with a tummy-ache late last night. Alex and I just got over a nasty stomach bug, and I was just so afraid that Charlie was suddenly getting it as well. All I could think of was, "I've been sick all week, I just can't do this again...."

So Charlie and I were snuggled up on the couch, it was about 1:00 am or so, and his tummy was just rumbling away. So I suggested that we say an extra prayer about it....I proceeded to ask God to help Charlie's tummy, help Charlie's poopy (yes, we pray and ask God to help with poop), help Charlie not be sick, help Mommy and Daddy not be sick.....you get the idea. Just some simple prayers, nothing fancy. We said, "Amen" and I thought that was the end of it....

Then I heard his little voice in the darkness...

Charlie: "Thank you, Mommy."

Me: "What for?"

C: "For saying a prayer to God to help feel me better."

Me: "Well, you're welcome!!"

C: "Now He'll help feel me better and I'll be able to sleep so good, too"

....And he promptly fell asleep (I was suddenly wide awake and humbled by his sweet words.)


Even better than that.....that was the end of the tummy trouble!

***I know that no one really wants to hear about us praying for poopy and tummies to feel better, but thank you for indulging me in writing down these memories! :)

1 comment:

Kristen said...

We pray for stuff like that as well. What a great testimony for Charlie of God's providence! I pray for God to show Himself like that to Eliana.