Saturday, October 22, 2011

My, How You've Grown!!

Dear Charlie and Sam,

It has only been just over 2 months since I have been the Mommy of two boys, but I am more and more thankful everyday for both of you. Somedays I can't believe that God has entrusted you both to me and your Daddy. It's a pretty awesome responsibility He has given us. We hope you both know how much we love you!!


Charlie -- one day you will look back and see this picture below and know that at this very moment, this picture is my favorite picture of you...







.....little boy in the dirt, barefoot, laughing with a wide open laugh....this describes you perfectly right now!! You love to be outside, especially in your new swingset. Anything that has to do with tractors, diggers, excavators, or work trucks are your favorite toys. You are always taking things apart to figure out how they work (one day you will learn how to do this without breaking things in the process :) ). You still love letters and numbers and are learning more and more everyday at WeeCare. Of course, you would prefer to stay home and have a "Mommy Charlie Day"....and I cherish this, because I know that one day you won't want to spend that much time with me when you get older.


You are a big 'little man' these days....weighing in at 38 pounds and 42 inches tall at the very grown up age of FOUR. Your favorite foods are chicken, macaroni and cheese, carrots and ranch dip (which you pronounce as "wrench dip"), taco salad, and spaghetti. I think you would eat "Wrench Dip" from the bottle if we would let you. You still think that Pop Tarts are a major food group, and to make your life even more fun, your Daddy has introduced you to the world of Little Debbie Cakes!


And my, you are a sassy little boy!! Somedays it takes alot of work to help you find your manners, but I know you are trying hard. We are always proud of you, buddy. Just keep trying, we know you can do it.


You have been a SUPER big brother to Sam.....it has been a difficult transition for you....it was probably very confusing to have your brother come home from the hospital on your 4th birthday. Even though we know it is sometimes hard to verbalize all these new emotions, we couldn't be more proud of the way you always show love to your brother. He is going to be your very best friend one day, and we can't wait to see that friendship grow through the years.


Sam...my new baby boy....I hope that one day you see this picture below and know that the beautiful smile that lights up your whole face is one of my favorite things ever...





....you are our chunk-a-love!! Being born at 9.1 lbs means that you are a big boy now! At two months old, you weigh just over 14 pounds! You are wearing 6-12 month clothes, which we weren't exactly prepared for!! You LOVE to eat...which you do alot. 6oz of formula every 3 hours (if you can make it that long in between feedings), and you get a YUMMY treat of rice cereal at nighttime with the hopes that we can fill you up a little bit extra at nighttime.

You love to be swaddled to sleep, but what a houdini you are!! You can break out of any and all swaddle methods, so you are already keeping us on our toes. Your current favorite activities include hanging out in the bouncy seat or baby swing, snuggling with anyone who will hold you close, and being fascinated with the ceiling fan. Secretly, you told me that Mommy is your favorite snuggler (but we'll keep that our little secret for a while longer).

You change a little bit everyday...it is bittersweet how quickly these moments are passing by. We are so grateful for you, sweet boy. I can't wait to see how you grow, but I sometimes wish time could freeze so the moments would last even longer.


I am SO very proud of you both!! I hope you always know how you have made my life completely wonderful.





Love,
Mommy

1 comment:

Chrissie Ficken said...

What a sweet letter to the boys! I adore the last picture you posted, with the boys in their pjs.