Monday, January 26, 2009

Mama's Love

If you're going to break your diet, this is the way to go!!!!

Okay, so I didn't really break my diet...after all, I have lost 6 pounds so far, and part of the goal is to still be able to enjoy your food, right?

After a HORRIFICALLY long day at work today, I was riding home talking to my hubby on the phone. He had to go through Auburn today for business, and he said he had gotten me a treat...right away I knew what he was talking about!! A MAMA's LOVE!!!! For all of you who don't know --- that is only the most amazing sandwich ever created! Okay, so I am exaggerating just a bit, but it is really a great sandwich. Plus, it brings back great memories of Auburn, Mama Goldberg's, Thursday newspaper coupons...I could go on and on.

To top it off -- Alex got to meet the owner of Mama Goldberg's and he learned some trade secrets! They opened up early so the they could fix sandwiches for both me and Alex!

So, even though I've now used up all my extra WW points on day one ... it was totally worth it! Every last messy bite!

Yay for Alex -- what a great way to end a yucky day and put a smile on my face!!!

4 comments:

Carmen's Blog of Useles Facts... said...

Ok, where are the photos of the sandwhich? don't you know that you aren't supposed to blog without a photo? or did you eat it too fast before you got a photo? just like i would have done...I was just trying to explain to scott the importance of the mama's love. he just doesn't get it.

that's my girl...

The Zevacs said...

yum! i'm going to auburn tomorrow (BY MYSELF!) to have an "auburn day" with a friend. i cannot wait. can't make up my mind about lunch...just too many places.

Alison said...

A friend of mine in Birmingham said that they opened a Momma Goldberg's in Birmingham! That's 2 hours closer to me!

Kendra said...

Aren't sweet husbands the best! :o)