Alex has been excited for the day when Charlie would be big enough to go fishing with him, and it finally arrived! We have a stocked lake at our farm, so Daddy and son (and Mommy with the camera) headed out to the farm to see what we could catch. It was a beautiful day, not too hot, not too many bugs out...just lots of fun and some great memories...
Here's Charlie's first attempt at fishing using his Daddy's rod...

"Let's see...you turn this thing just like a 'jack in the box'..."

All of the sudden, I hear Alex yell, "Son of a Gun!! He's got one!" And Alex ran over to help Charlie reel in his first fish...

Charlie did a great job reeling in the fish -- he just needed his Daddy to hold the rod for him!

I think Alex was more excited about Charlie's fish than anyone! It was actually a pretty big one!

This was as close to the fish as Charlie wanted to get...watching safely from a distance while the fish jumped around in the bucket.

"Okay, Daddy, I'll try to fish using this 'baby rod' -- after all, it is pretty cool being a "Cars" fishing pole and everything..."

"Let me see, how does this thing work?"

"Hmm, it is much easier to fish straight from the bucket..I've got a better chance of catching one!"

Mommy caught me fishing from the bucket!






5 comments:
How fun! I want to go to the farm and catch fish too;)
Come on anytime -- we can get Ryn a princess fishing pole!! :)
AD.OR.A.BLE.
LOVE it! We have some of those same shots from when I was little with our "cane" poles. Those will be the pics that Charlie will cherish! Good job capturing them!
Such great memories to catch on camera! Great pictures! Looks like Charlie had a blast.
-Lindsey
Wonderful pictures! Lindsey said everything I was thinking!
Post a Comment