- Charlie is growing, growing, growing! He weighed in at his 2 year old checkup at 31.2 pounds and was 36.5 inches tall. He is estimated to be 6'2" tall when he is done growing!
- His vocabulary is just exploding! We only wish that he didn't like his trucks so much since he has such a 'difficult' time saying it correctly. He loves "factors" (tractors), and he loves "f--ks" (trucks). We wish he didn't love them so loudly!!! :)
- The terribly twos have hit pretty hard in this house. We have 'rediscovered' time-out...Charlie has to put his 'nose in time-out,' which means he has to put his nose in the corner. He has perfected the art of the pitiful, fake wailing while he is in time-out. Hopefully, we will take a picture soon -- I'm sure there will be plenty of opportunities! It is too funny!
- I couldn't be enjoying my job any more than I do! I have found myself saying aloud how much I enjoy the people I work with and the job that I do. There is little to NO drama there, and I work with some really intelligent, hard working, nice people. What a contrast it has been from my last job!
- Alex's job is holding steady...not really getting better, but not getting worse, so we are thankful! He is quietly pursuing some other job options right now, so we are practicing our patience while we wait!
- We have, sadly, lost 2 of our farm dogs this past month. Mack, who was Alex's granddad's favorite, passed away at the farm. Mack was the dog who chased after the hearse following his grandfather's death. :( We were very sad to see him pass, but he had a long, happy life. Also, Sadie, our black lab passed away this week after we discovered a multitude of problems with her that were causing her alot of pain and suffering. The only silver lining is that these sweet dogs are not hurting anymore!
- Alex's grandmother is in inpatient physical therapy following a bout with pneumonia and a fall at the house. She is doing so well! We are proud of her for her hard work!
- Our farm got 7 inches of rain in a flash flood last night (a new record), so when we attempted to leave to go visit Mawmaw at rehab, we were stuck because of the water level being up as high as the doors of our big pick-up truck! So "Lord willing and the creek don't rise," we will try again. I never thought I would have a use for that phrase, but I guess living in the country has changed me just a bit!
- And last, but certainly not least...Alex and I have been exercising our parenting 'safety' skills as we have performed the Heimlich maneuver on Charlie TWICE this week. The first time was Alex by himself -- very scared! The second time, we were both there, and we looked like a well-oiled machine. We just jumped into place, did our thing, and out popped the food! Good to know that this works!
This is only a little bit of the 'fun' we've been experiencing! Can you tell we've been busy??


1 comment:
You guys have been busy!
Can't believe how big Charlie is! He weighs more than Lakyn and I thought she was big!
Cracks me up how he says trucks. It reminds me of Cole from Primrose that said it the same way! (do you remember him?)
Post a Comment