Saturday, May 22, 2010

Hay Baling Time and a Little Bit of Blackmail Material

This first picture has nothing to do with the title of this blog entry, it was just cute to me....here Charlie is enjoying his first "Muffin Tin Surprise" lunch... (I've seen lots of other moms do this, and this was an easy lunch since we didn't have much in the house for a 'meal.' He thought it was pretty cool!)






Now, onto the hay baling...

Being that Charlie is into all things "Trucks, Tractors, and Trains /Farming" (which, by the way, is the title song to the most annoying children's video ever made), he was thrilled to get to 'help' his Daddy on the tractor this year. I am understanding a little more about the process every time we bale hay (about 2x a year). You can see the post here when we got our new baler a few years ago to see how the machine makes the bale. Well, before that process can begin, the hay has to be cut, dried, turned, fluffed, and then raked....and THEN it can be baled. WHEW. It is exhausting, but we are so thankful that we have plenty of hay for our cows for the winter this year!!!


Here is Charlie helping his Daddy on the "orange tractor" --- once Alex let him steer, there was no turning back!! He loved it!




This picture shows the process of the hay being raked into a row/line, where the baler can then come roll it all up. Charlie got to ride along on the "blue tractor" (his favorite) while his Daddy did some raking....




...and then, check it out...yes, that's me driving the blue tractor learning to rake for the first time! (I am only posting this for the proof that, yes, I did it).




This is one happy boy playing on the farm!!!




And now, onto the blackmail pictures... :)

Morgan turned FOUR this week, and she and her sweet Mom got to come over to play for just a bit. Morgan received her "Snow White" dress from our family for her present...she immediately put it on to play. They posed for pictures with Charlie as the prince and Morgan as the princess...




And then, Charlie wanted to be the "Boy Princess", so Morgan was the prince....




Bless his little heart...most of his little friends are girls... we are in desperate need of finding some guy pals for him (or at least some little boy dress up clothes!!). And I know he'll just LOVE me for these pictures one day....
***Disclaimer: Charlie's Daddy would like it to be made known that this is the first and last time that his son will ever be in a dress.

3 comments:

MaryBeth said...

I love that you can drive a tractor! Charlie is so cute dressed up...definitely some good blackmail.

Anonymous said...

Love the muffin tin idea! Do you put something in every spot?!
Way to go driving the tractor!!

Fashily said...

Loving the pics, Joy! Way to let Charlie put on the dress...I think that is cool that you guys didnt get freaked out about it. I know some parents that wouldnt even get that far. Oh and as far as Charlie having all girl friends...well, I know I certain daddy who can relate:)...great post!