Thursday, July 22, 2010

Trying to Stay Afloat

So, we've been kind of absent from the blog lately.....not cause we haven't been busy. Quite the opposite. We are just trying to keep our heads above water with everything going on. In a nutshell:

  • Charlie loves his school --- he goes all day on the days I work, and partial day on my off days; mostly to keep him on schedule (and give me a bit of time to get stuff done)
  • And he continues to grow up and get bigger..... CHARLIE IS POTTY TRAINED!!!! No pee-pee accidents in over 2 weeks (now, "the other" is another story, but we'll take what we can get!!!)
  • I've been consistently working out all summer!!! Weight-training and eliptical use at least 3 days a week....I haven't lost weight cause that darn muscle weighs more....but I feel great and hopefully am seeing a little bit of toning up!!
  • Alex is working more and more and more these days....he is exhausted, and we don't see an end in sight yet. Some of his projects with the cabinet companies are, well,....just awful. I don't know any other way to put it. There are so many cabinet companies that are going bankrupt lately (which means, we end up not getting paid) -- so, he's worn out, and I miss getting to hang out with my hubby in the evenings (cause he's either fast asleep by 9pm or still working at the computer). :(
  • As much as we love the farm, it takes up extra energy as well. When Alex is not working with his cabinet job, he is taking care of the cows and the property. Exhausted. Totally.
  • Recently, our family has discovered that my grandmama does not need to be living alone anymore. SO -- about a month ago, my parents moved my 82-year-old grandmother from Jacksonville, FL, here to their house in Alexandria. Quite a bit of change for everyone involved. QUITE. A. BIT. (Did I say that loudly enough?)

That's just the tip of the iceburg. Between computers breaking down and laundry piling up, you know, just the everyday business of life -- we would love a vacation to NOWHERE!!!! Unfortunately, since that's not going to happen, I'll just end this post with the Bible verse that keeps coming to my mind throughout everything. I feel like I should be searching for a deeper, more obscure verse, but this one pretty much says it all....

"I can do all things through CHRIST who gives me strength."

Yep, we can do this.....just gonna keep on treading....

No comments: