Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Hurting Tonight

I am hurting tonight so much for my friend, Jill...she is being treated so horribly at work by our administration and by some people she thought that she could trust. I have listened to her sob on the phone as she drove home from work, and I don't know how she got through her shift being treated the way she has been treated. Needless to say, the search for a new job for her is in progress. She will have no trouble finding a new job, and Noland Health will have lost one of the best nurses I have ever known. Honestly, I don't think I know a more talented, driven, compassionate, knowledgeable nurse than Jill. I will really miss working with one of my best friends, and my heart breaks for her as I listen to her cry the way I have...

My anger in how she has been treated makes me want to leave my job as well in protest. Sure, every job has problems, but not every job has problems that are as severe as this. However, I have a pretty cushy job in that I have health insurance / benefits and yet I only work 2 days a week...where ever will I find another job like that? And how do I continue to work at this job knowing what is continuing to occur with our administration and untrustworthy coworkers? I think I'll be starting a search for a different place...who knows what part time jobs might be out there?

Just to put a face with the name...below is a picture of (from L to R) Rhonda, Jill, and me -- all day shift nurses at Noland Health.

Love these girls! I wish all my coworkers were just like them...what a great place to work that would be!

1 comment:

Chrissie Ficken said...

I'm sorry things are so yucky for you guys. That really stinks. On the bright side, I really like your green shirt in the picture. :)