Have any of you guys been running out of gas at the gas stations in your city?
There was a huge 'run' on gas last week here because rumors started flying that we were going to run out of it. Well, guess what...if we all try to fill up at the same time, we WILL run out! The gas stations around here have been empty since last Friday.
My car has been running on fumes becaue of this, so when I saw 2 huge long lines at "Country Come to Town" gas station, I just went ahead and got in line. There were approximately 10 cars ahead of me on my side, 10 on the other, and only one gas pump was working so both sides were taking their turns and sharing.
Fun Scenario #1:
The car in front of me actually runs out of gas while we are waiting, so several of us had to get out and help push it up this little hill. Charlie gave me a strange look when I got back to the car like, "What in the world were you doing?"
Fun Scenario #2:
One man decides he is going to try to cut in front of me, and when I wouldn't let him in...well, let's just say I can yell just as loudly as he could! Talk about country come to town...I turned redneck all the sudden!! What was even funnier was that alot of other people got out of their cars to come yell back at him, too. After the police were called, things began to settle down.
Fun Scenario #3:
After 1 hour and 5 minutes of waiting in line with Charlie in the backseat hollering away, I finally pulled up to the pump. The lady on the other side was beginning to take her turn to pump gas, and the pump went EMPTY!! No joke...
I did make it home safely without running out of gas, but there is no way I can make it to work, so when my sweet friend Megan leaves for her teaching job about 6AM, I guess we are carpooling in the morning!!
***I won't even get to fun scenario #4 where I talk about how our fridge died and we had to purchase a new one...it has been a fun-filled day!
Here's to a better day tomorrow! :)
New Things
8 years ago


4 comments:
wow, that is so crazy. We haven't run into that too much here, but I sure was kicking myself for not filling up completely the day before the hurricane hit when it was 3.63 and it jumped to 4.50 the next day. i would LOVE to have seen you go off on that guy. :) i bet charlie was proud of his mama. check my blog...i think you'll be sad.
A few places ran out of gas Saturday Morning, but we have been fine ever since. That is crazy! We do have a gazillion gas stations here, so maybe that had something to do with it??? If you lived close by, I would give you the gas from our lawn mower tanks!
No problem here, but talking to my parents lately, they've had the same problem (they're in Heflin). Oddly, prices didn't go up that much here after Ike...it was $3.55 before and now it's $3.69 most places. Although I haven't heard of there being a shortage, your story definitely makes me feel like I need to go get gas tomorrow!
Yep, this happened to Brad and me last week too! Crazy Alexandria people:)
Post a Comment