Friday, October 24, 2008

Weekly Recap

What a busy few days we've had!!! Where to begin, where to begin...

Alex has been working so hard with his job this past week as they have begun working with a new account...first job based out of Tampa, another one soon to be San Antonio -- he has made traveled everyday this week! He's been busier than he's been in a long time...and we are super thankful because of the current economy!!

Charlie is cutting MORE teeth, but he's been quite the trooper -- some sleepless nights for us all this week, but "this too shall pass..." He is growing so much everyday, it is almost sad. He is into everything, discovering everything, talking all day long (with undistinguishable words) -- and as always, giggling all the way!

As for my job search ... Since we know that God is in control, why is it that we seem surprised when God takes care of all the details better than we hoped for? Yep, you guessed it...Jill and I walked into one of the hospitals in Gadsden Monday morning to "just see what they had." Little did we know that they were opening their new critical care tower in just a few days (been under construction for a year), and lo and behold -- they had TWO DAY SHIFT OPENINGS in the surgical and medical icu units. We were blown away by the new facilities that we will be working in and so impressed with the people...we were offered the jobs that morning!!! We will continue to get to work together, and we are thrilled! The only drawback is that I can't begin as a part-time RN, but eventually I can move into that position once I get established there. I have already completed my pre-employment physical (got all my shots updated today-- yuck), and I begin orientation November 3rd...


So, I came home Monday, absolutely thrilled and yet overwhelmed. Right before Abby left to go home after caring for Charlie, she said, "Hey Joy, can I talk to you?" My heart sunk as she told me she is looking for a job where she can make more money. (I think she is also a bit bored here, but she would never admit that to me.) All I could think was, Lord, what are we going to do???


Fast forward to the next day after the mom's Bible study group at our church...I was walking with a friend of mine who is a stay-at-home mom of a 2 year old, and I said, jokingly, "Denise, don't you want to earn some extra money and take care of Charlie for us? He and Morgan are great playmates!" She looked at me and said, "Well, actually, we have been really needing to find some supplemental income..." My jaw dropped, because again, why are we so surprised when God takes care of things like He always does? Long story short -- this arrangement might just work out for everyone involved! We are going to start with some playdates outside of church
with the two of them, and see how that works...

This has been a crazy week, obviously, but I am so excited at all the possiblities that have shown up in Alex's job, my new job, this arrangement with Denise...we are counting our blessings!!! And I am again reminded that while standing up against all the corruption and just plain evil at my old job was not easy at all -- just look how God has taken care of everything!

We have lots of pictures to share from family outings to the Ohatcheefest at Janney Furnace, as well as a video of a really fun early SUPRISE Christmas present for my dad. But for tonight, I'll just leave you with a picture of our growing boy at 14 months old... he is just getting entirely too big!!

3 comments:

Alison said...

So glad everything is working out! Love the "big boy" haircut Charlie has :).

Oh, and you need to go with Alex to San Antonio...take Charlie - we loved it!

KristinRanae said...

WoW! You had an eventful week!

I'm glad that some doors are opening for you. Hopefully things will calm down and life will get less stresful. Sometimes...change is GOOD:o)

About the new job...I am SO excited for you! Gadsden Regional took wonderful care of my daddy. We will forever be thankful to them. Too bad you weren't there when he was there;o(

Anyway, good luck to you! Oh, and I'll be on the look out for you a yard sign like mine:o)

Kendra said...

Yes, yes...why is it that we always doubt that our God (our faithful and true God) will take care of us? Rejoicing with you that He has answered your prayers! :o)

Charlie is getting to be so big! He is such a doll!