Sunday, February 8, 2009

Charlie's New Buddy

Charlie has a new favorite friend named Morgan, and let me tell you how blessed we are to know her and her mommy!!

Her mom, Denise, and I met at church in the mom's Bible study. When I met her, it felt like I knew her really well, even though we had just met. I even came home and told Alex that I had met a girl who was just like me! Well, then we started having some childcare issues with Abby, our nanny. I was walking to our small group with Denise and telling her about it. I jokingly said to he, "Don't you want to just keep Charlie for me at home with Morgan while I work?" (she is a stay-at-home mom). To which she replied..."Well, we have really been looking for some extra income..." My jaw hit the floor, because I was thinking, I would LOVE to have her keep Charlie! But things with Abby were still up in the air, so I just kind of kept that thought about Denise in the back of my mind.

A few months later, as I am getting to know her better and better (and just loving her!!), I find that she is still interested in keeping Charlie. So as of the start of this new year, I am working only two days a week, and Denise now keeps Charlie during those days. It is a win-win situation for us all. Charlie gets the benefit of being taken care of my an amazing person, but he also gets social interaction by playing with Morgan, who is 2 and a half years old. He absolutely adores her, and is learning so much from her! And she is just precious...what spunk and personality does she have, and a smile that lights up her whole face! What a sweet girl who loves Cinderella, Anastasia, and anything girly...but can hang with Charlie like nobody's business! I love that the two kids are playing together, fighting together, learning to share, getting in trouble together...the whole thing just thrills me! I have never felt a moment of worry while Charlie is with them.

These aren't great pictures, but I wanted to introduce you to the sweet girl that Alex and I have just come to love so much!! Here is Morgan helping to wake Charlie up from his nap...




From the looks of this picture, it doesn't look like he minds the extra lovin' from his new buddy!




Thank you, Lord, for answered prayers!! We are so thankful for Denise and Morgan!

No comments: