Sunday, February 8, 2009

Man Cakes

Okay, I know, what a strange title! One that needs a little explanation, I suppose...

Alex LOVES to watch The Discovery and History Channels, which means that in order for me to get to spend time with him in the evenings, I end up watching alot of these shows with him. How Its Made, Modern Marvels, and Man vs Wild are just a few that I am SO priveleged to get to see. (Yes, he gives in and watches Jon and Kate Plus 8 with me sometimes, but that's for another post). Anyways, we were watching Man vs Food the other night, which by the way, is DISGUSTING. The whole premise is this: the host, let's call him Bob; Bob goes around to famous restaurants around the country to tackle 'food challenges.' Examples of food challenges would be: the biggest pizza, biggest buffet, biggest hamburger, etc etc.

So, the other evening, we were privy to see the episode where 'Bob' went to a place that serves the largest stack of pancakes. "Man-Cakes" is the actual name of the food. The pancakes are 13" in diameter at this restaurant. After seeing this (never mind that it is 10:30 at night), Alex got all excited and wanted to attempt making 'Man Cakes.' So, the picture below is the closest we could get (yes, he made me take a picture) because our griddle is only so big...



Luckily, we both like to eat pancakes...boy this is sure helping my diet!! :)

No comments: