...hmm - mmm- mmm -- so this is love (I am humming a song from Cinderella, if you didn't know)...
Yep, I'm in love. Of course, with Alex, and of course, with Charlie. That's a given.
But there's a new 'man' in my life now...his name is Dyson.
Dyson C14, to be exact.
***Background history: I was so sure when we bought our old vacuum, our Eureka Boss, that we couldn't go wrong. I mean, come on, it was the consumer reports pick for best overall purchase!! Even though Alex suggested that we should spend a little more money and get a better vacuum, one that was bagless, I insisted that I knew better. And since I was about 6 months pregnant, Alex wasn't stupid enough to argue that point with a hormonal pregnant lady! I won that battle, and have been changing vacuum cleaner bags and belts ever since.
So here we are now, Charlie is 19 months old, and our "Best Overall Purchase" just died. (Alex didn't even say, 'I told you so!' -- wasn't that nice of him!). After some research and a few 'test-drives' at Sears, we got a steal of a deal on a Dyson C14. We got home around 9pm tonight, and we were so excited that we ended up vacuuming the entire house!! Even though I had just vacuumed this morning, I was amazed to see how much dirt and carpet fuzz that the Dyson picked up. And if you can believe it, I was EXCITED to vacuum Alex's 'man cave'!
"So this is love....hmm-mmm-mmm...So this is love" (picture me singing this with a dreamy, starry-eyed look on my face -- that is how happy I am right now!).
***Update: For those of you wondering how we bought a Dyson with all the bad news of Alex's job -- because unfortunately, the vacuum cleaner broke the same day he got bad news at work -- We used part of our saved up vacation money for the vacuum. Sadly enough, we won't be getting a big vacation this year (or maybe even a little one if the economy continues in this direction) -- but my carpets will be clean!!! :)
New Things
8 years ago


2 comments:
If I had a Dyson, I'd be singing songs from Cinderella, too. Happy Vacuuming!
I have a Dyson too (purple to be exact) and I LOVE it!!!! It was vacumming up sawdust from UNDER the carpets from when the house was built!!! Good choice:)
Post a Comment