Sunday, July 19, 2009

23 Months

Charlie is 23 months old today....we'll be celebrating that big birthday very soon!! I can't believe this baby boy is almost 2 years old!! How much he has blessed our lives...I can't begin to count the ways!

His personality is just bubbling over! He loves to sing, dance, laugh, talk, and of course, throw the 'occasional' tantrum or two. Some of his favorite things at this time:
  • His favorite TV shows are Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Handy Manny (or as Alex calls it "Handy Mandy." He also loves to sit and watch Andy Griffith with his Daddy. Favorite movies are still any Veggie Tales.
  • He counts to 10 ALL DAY LONG...and the funniest part is his pronounciation of 7..he says "senen" -- he counts anything he comes in contact with
  • He sings ALL the time too! Current favorites are "Wheels on the Bus" and "ABCs" -- dancing happens all the time, whether in the car, at home, out in public...
  • Favorite book is, of course, "Llama llama, Red Pajama", which Charlie calls "Mama mama mama"
  • He is becoming very VERY interested in the way things are put together: legos, puzzles, building blocks, etc. He is beginning to spend lots of time doing these activites.
  • He repeats everything that is said and says some of the funniest phrases: "Aww, man!!" or "Oh, gooness" or a scary one for us was last week when he kept saying something that kind of sounded like 'sh--' over and over again -- we were trying to figure out where he had heard such foul language! We were relieved to know he was just asking for some of his Daddy's potato chips. :)
  • He LOVES his babysitter "Dise" (Denise), and "Dise" (he also calls her daughter Morgan this as well)
  • He still eats really well, but favorites are still any fruits, anything that Granddad or Mawmaw gives him, and my mom's "Hop and Jon"
  • He LOVES to be outside, playing, walking, exploring, drawing with chalk, visiting the neighbors, playing with the puppies, playing in the water, playing in the dirt, playing with bugs, rocks, pinecones...I could continue, but you get the idea.
  • He LOVES his "PEECY!!!" which is the name he has given his pacifier and blanket combo. He loves Monkey too, but it is going to be an ugly day when Charlie and Peecy have to break up. He calls for his Peecy like it is a dog and is going to come when he calls...maybe Charlie knows something we don't!
  • He hates going to bed, but once he gets in the bed, he LOVES it. He also loves saying his 'night-night' prayers and suggests things to add at night (I don't yet understand most of what he prays for, but we figure God does, so we pray for 'that' too!)
  • He loves to give hugs, kisses, and loves to be snuggled. He usually has to stop playing several times a day just to come get a hug -- then he continues on playing.
  • He is happy, healthy, and quite a cuddler -- just what we prayed for!

Check out our boy...playing with his Daddy's tools. He's working so hard!




And for those of you who are worried -- I don't get to dress him in sweet outfits past the age of 2 (that was the deal I made with Alex), so this is probably of the last 'pretty' outfits I buy for him. But I still love it, even if he might shoot me one day when he sees these! :)



We love you, sweet boy! Happy 23 months!

1 comment:

MaryBeth said...

He is so cute and sounds like such a sweetheart. I don't think I made it past a year with those cute little outfits :)