I went to a class at work taught by one of the cardiothoracic surgeons on Saturday morning -- did NOT want to drag myself out of bed to listen to a lecture on subject matter WAY too deep for that time of day! It did turn out to be a good lecture, and I was glad I went....
...but to top it off...
Several of the nurses who worked the code on the 13 year old this week were in the class with me that morning...they were all talking about how that little boy's mom came by the ICU to thank us and to update us. Guess what? He had been taken off the ventilator and was RECOGNIZING his family!!!! We were so shocked, but elated to hear this news!!! He's probably got a LONG way to go, but this is good news, news I was not expecting!!!
All the way home from the class, I kept singing in my head the chorus to "How Great is Our God." That is all I could think, over and over. I didn't really have any other words. He still does miracles, and how cool to get to see such a physical example of one!!
New Things
8 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment