Friday, April 4, 2008

What a day!!

It has been quite the day today! I was thrilled to be called off of work today (too many nurses on the schedule, I jumped at the chance to have an extra day off!). While it was a productive day -- it was just too busy for me....

1) Alex had stitches removed from his face today. We found out a few weeks ago that he had a skin cancer on his face (just basal cell), so it was removed last week. He had 6 stitches under his right eye, and he was quite the sport about the whole thing! (if any of you know his weak stomach, you can imagine the experience!). It was kind of scary to hear the doctor say "Yep, it's cancer" -- and that was exactly how blunt he was -- but it is really not too big of a deal. We just have to watch him and make sure he gets no other 'spots' and be extra careful with the sun. So, my soapbox today for all my friends that I love is WEAR SUNSCREEN!!!! Alex always seems to be outdoors, so I am going to be the sunscreen nazi when I'm around him.

2) After a long LONG long (did I say long?) ordeal with our taxes, we GOT THEM FINISHED TODAY!!!! I am so relieved and thankful!

3) After much legal wrangling and family fighting, as of this afternoon, Alex and I are legal partial owners of his grandparents' farm. He has done such a great job working it and he loves it so much, and hopefully this will make many things easier for us all.


It has been busy, busy, and between the thunderstorms, hail, and tornados that also came through here today, I am ready for a new day tomorrow! On a good note, this was how we ended our day -- with a sink bath for the little one. I decided to try to give him a mohawk hairstyle while I was washing it, but it kept curling up (hmm, I wonder why), so it kind of looks like a cock-a-too instead. He loved splashing around though, so until he is older and sees these pictures, I don't think he cares too much what his hair looked like!!




6 comments:

Carmen's Blog of Useles Facts... said...

Too funny. Love the cute pic of Charlie. Congrats on the taxes and the farm! We just got our taxes done too. Whew!

Anonymous said...

Cute pic! I heard about all the bad weather there. I am glad everybody is ok. Sorry to hear about Alex having surgery but I am glad he is ok!

Stephanie

Gypsy Girl said...

I thank God for getting you all through the legal stuff and making a way for Alex to continue to be a part of what he loves so much! Charlie is too cute. :) Love you!!

Daisy said...

I am so excited you have a blog now!!! And, I can't believe Charlie is getting so big... wow. I guess that's why people always say, "I can't believe (insert baby name here) is getting so big!" He is precious, by the way.

I'll try to be more original on my next comment. Can't wait to see more on the farm!!!

The Canada's said...

Love the picture! So cute!

I try to get Jason to wear sunscreen while he is flying, but he refuses. I'll have to get him to read your post. Glad to hear Alex is okay.
-Lindsey

Anonymous said...

Joy! It was so good to find you. It is awesome to hear that you are a nurse, married, and with a cutie baby. This will be great to keep up with you and lots of Auburn folks. :)