Why does it seem to be that when you stand up and do the right thing -- it CONTINUES to make things around you difficult?
When I left my job at LTACH, I knew that we were in a hostile situation, I knew that my name was being run through the mud. What I didn't know was to what extent my reputation was being ruined. A family who we kept in close touch with (after being our patient for 2 months) contacted Jill to check on us because she was told that Jill and I were "forced to resign" following the investigation completed by the home office. Now, there are only a few things that a nurse can do to be 'forced to resign' -- stealing drugs, harming a patient, or acting inappropriately on the job are a few examples. So, by passing on this 'rumor' about us -- we look pretty darn bad. I personally don't care what my former coworkers think. The ones who are good at their job know the truth, and the others, well, to be honest, I wouldn't let them take care of my worst enemy. The families that I have taken care of know the truth because I spend so much individual time with them. But what bothers me the most is that my professional reputation with the doctors I worked with so closely and was on a first name basis could really be hurt by this. If I ever want to work with any of them again -- who knows what they may think? They may never trust me again, and in order to do your best on the job, there has to be a good working relationship with the doctors.
I spoke with our family lawyer today just to get some advice, and he gave me several different options (including not to do anything). Alex and I are debating what to do, what not to do. What makes me upset is that I've tried to turn the other cheek, and I continue to be getting slapped on it over and over!!! And I've worked too hard to earn my reputation as a hard-working and honest nurse to turn around and let them completely ruin that.
Oh, the joys of working in a hospital...how I wish to be a stay-at-home mommy. I just pray this whole LTACH mess will somehow just end soon!
Okay, I'm off my soapbox (for now) ...
New Things
8 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment