Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Vote for Alex

The dreaded election is over, and for now I still can't bring myself to watch the news since the results have been announced. But in the midst of that, I just had to share something funny that happened yesterday.

Alex and I went to vote together at our new polling place, and we were kind of squished together in a spot where we were marking our votes. I was busy filling out my ballot, when I felt Alex elbow me as he gestured to his ballot...he was busy FILLING IN HIS OWN NAME for revenue commissioner. And he was giggling the whole time. He told me in the car, "That was an unopposed race, and I didn't want to vote for her." I guess writing in your own candidate (in Alex's case, HIMSELF) means that you don't have to vote for the person on the ballot. Apparently, Alex has put himself on the ballot each time he has voted....what a crazy loon I married.

Unfortunately, no one else voted for Alex, so I guess we'll keep our day jobs...:)

3 comments:

KristinRanae said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
KristinRanae said...

That's great! May I get a yard sign that reads "Alex Breeden for Revenue Commissioner?" I would also like a sticker:o)

Chrissie Ficken said...

That cracks me up!