Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Who Has the Greatest Husband Ever?

I do!! I do!!

After yesterday's experience with the continued 'meanness' that I worked with at LTACH, I had a little mini breakdown at the end of the night. Just a bit overwhelmed with life, about to begin a new job, etc etc... Alex, of course, listened as he always does and gave me wonderful common sense advice and helped me relax so I could sleep. Great hubby, right?

Well, I have just completed my first day at work.....and I LOVED IT!!! Yes, I am definitely overwhelmed at learning all the new stuff involved with a new job, but it was a good day overall and everyone was so incredibly nice and helpful. THEN...

...I got home to find that Alex had finished the laundry AND FOLDED IT and had our bathroom cleaned AND homemade chili on the stove!!!! He told me that after me having a bad night last night, he wanted me to come home and have some of the stress taken off of me by having all that finished. Seriously....

I can't begin to say what a kind, thoughtful, and generous person he is -- I don't mean with material things (which he is as well), but with his time, his energy, his thoughts. I could go on and on. I hope that Charlie grows up to be half the man that his Daddy is!

My cup runneth over!! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow... go Alex!

Chrissie Ficken said...

Can I borrow him?

Alison said...

I'm so sorry that all that junk is still around. I know that you are just ready to move on!

At least you don't have as much stress at home - good job, Alex!