What an amazing website is Caring Bridge! It is a blog that was designed to be used to keep families and friends in touch when someone has an illness or an injury. I personally keep up with 3 CB pages: a friend from high school, Claire, who has breast cancer; Josiah, the grandson of our Auburn BCM Campus Minister, who was born very prematurely; and Lee, one of the patients I took care of back in 2005-2006 when I was working on the Trauma Burn Unit at UAB Hospital.
Lee is about my age and was involved in an apartment fire in 2005. The alarm system ADT was directly involved in his rescue. 35% of his body had 3rd and 4th degree burns, his carbon monoxide level was way too high -- it is hard to imagine the ordeal he had to endure. I remember just wincing in pain when I cared for him because even the simplest things like turning in bed would cause him agony. But he was always so polite and kind...turns out that Lee, along with his incredible family, are Christians. They never stopped believing and never stopped trusting that God would get them through this ordeal....and He did!
Lee's testimony has been captured on video (along with several famous people) on a website called http://www.iamsecond.com/. It is really impressive and worth watching. If you want to go directly to see Lee, click on www.iamsecond.com/#/seconds/Lee_Lucas.
It's nice to know that God is still in the business of doing miracles and being in control!
New Things
8 years ago


2 comments:
I am blown away! I remember the compassion you had while you were caring for him and the joy you expressed as he began to improve. Thank you for sharing Christ in all of this. Love, Me
This website was on two blogs I read today. Good stuff!
Oh, and I had no idea about the Sipes grandson...thanks for passing that along!
Post a Comment