Wednesday, December 10, 2008

So I'm Getting Old...

I turned 31 this week...wow, that sounds old, but it really doesn't feel so old!!

It was an ordinary day, but a great birthday. Much to be thankful for on this day as I turn one year older:
  • Charlie -- I got to spend the whole day with my sweet baby boy! We had a great day together running errands, cleaning, doing laundry...it was great to just be a Mommy today!
  • Alex -- what a thoughtful husband I have! Always taking care of me and just being the great guy I am so glad I married!
  • Running into friends all day -- I saw so many people out and about! So thankful for you all! (Loved getting Eskimo kisses from sweet Kamryn while we were in Walmart)
  • Facebook -- how cool to get birthday greetings from friends everywhere! It just makes you feel great!
  • My Work -- I got the good news that I have been approved for a flex position in the MICU where I am working, which means I am not required to work any more Sundays and I only have to work a minimum of 6 days a month!!! Plus the pay is almost $10 more/hr! We are thrilled!!
  • Answered Prayers -- On my birthday, I kept Gracie, the daughter of my friend Jill, after school. Jill's dad has been in ICU at UAB Hospital since the day before Thanksgiving. He had a heart transplant 2 years ago, and his health has been deteriorating over the past few months. It has been a stressful and heartbreaking few weeks for their whole family, so I was glad to be able to keep Gracie for awhile. On this day, the family got news that gave them a bit more hope -- he is not out of the woods by far, but they have HOPE that he can improve. What great news that was to hear!!

Overall, it was an ordinary day -- but I am thankful for ordinary days, filled with family, friends, and HOPE for the future!! I guess I don't mind getting old after all...

2 comments:

Alison said...

Happy Birthday, chick-a-dee!

KristinRanae said...

Yay for a good birthday!!!! Kamryn was glad to give you Eskimo kisses on your birthday:o)