ABBY!!!!
We are so excited to report that we have found a girl to take care of Charlie during the time I am at work. I am going to protest against the idea of a "nanny," so we will just call her our sitter. Or maybe she'll be known as Charlie's Abby. Who knows. Anyways, we had noticed her ad on Nannies4hire.com several months ago, but you had to sign up for the service to be able to contact and interview anyone. Why we kept noticing her, we have no idea other than she seemed nice and we liked the idea that she had a 4-year degree (in history, by the way). So when we contacted her, she responded quickly. In fact, so quickly that we were able to meet her (and her fiance) before the 4th holiday. We all sat down over burgers and fries and just got to know her a little bit (and we did actually do interview questions and everything). Everytime I asked a question about anything, she answered each question exactly the way I had hoped for, plus gave enough info to answer several other questions! We asked her to be thinking and praying to make sure she was still interested, and let us know after the 4th. When she and her fiance, Evan, left, Alex and I were jumping up and down with excitement over how much we loved her.
Well, before the 4th, she and I had both emailed each other to express how excited we were...and we officially extended her an offer on Saturday. We are absolutely thrilled to have her taking care of Charlie during my time at work. She is very soft spoken, quick to laugh, lots of smiles, and seems to be as excited about this as we are. We are unsure of her start date as she has to turn in her notice at her current job, but we look for it to be in the next few weeks.
I am unfortunately, taking on some "working mom" guilt. The same guilt I felt when I left Charlie at 8 weeks to go back to work. Part of me feels guilty that I even need to try to find someone to take care of my son so I can go work. My mom tells me that I am putting this guilt on myself, so I need to continue to work to not feel this way! Most days I don't, and the days I do, I remind myself how blessed I am to only be working 2 days a week.
Pray with us and for us as we begin this new transition (especially since Charlie has begun this new 'stranger anxiety' thing). We are so thankful to have found Abby! (Abby, if you are reading this, we can't wait for you to start!)
New Things
8 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment