Scene: I am on the phone talking to my niece Holly (who turned 6 today) following her Friday night birthday party.
Joy: "Did you get good presents?"
Holly:"Yes, I got some great ones."
J: "Which one was your favorite?"
H: "Oh, my very favorite was from Nicole. She gave me a diarrhea."
J: "A what?" (trying not to laugh out loud)
H: "A diarrhea. It is so great. It is pink and has sparkles on it."
J: "Do you write in it?"
H: "Yes, it is a diarrhea." (I can now hear a voice in the background correcting her). "OH, I mean a diary. Yes, the diary is my favorite present. It is so great. I love my diary."
Oh my gosh, I laughed so hard when I got off the phone...:)
By the way, Holly and her 3 year old brother Matthew will be here tomorrow for a week! I can't wait -- we have so much planned, so there will be plenty of posts and lots of pictures!
New Things
8 years ago


5 comments:
Tell Chrissie that she has to put that in her baby book - that is hilarious!!
Too funny! Kids do say the funniest things. Have fun this week!
That cracked me up! Kids are too cute!
-Lindsey
Kid stories are great. I love that I got to tell kid stories for 5 years without actually having children of my own! :-)
Oh my goodness--that's hilarious!
Post a Comment