Sunday, July 6, 2008

Our Week in Review

We have had an exciting week. Besides finding a nanny for Charlie, we have been very busy doing fun, summer things:

  • We've been swimming several times, and we've picked blueberries and apples on the farm.
  • Alex helped get my parents' yard designed and planted, and it looks wonderful!
  • Charlie and I have spent more time getting to know our neighbors, and sweet Kamryn has graduated from calling him "bebby boy!" to "Chaaalie"....what sweet neighbors we have!
  • Of course we've eaten barbeque, barbeque, and more barbeque!! We had a wonderful 4th of July with blueberry pancakes, watching TV together during the day, hanging out with my parents for dinner, and watching fireworks at night. Charlie did great with the fireworks....he was a little startled at first, but after getting his pacy, blankie, and monkey, all was right with the world! And the fireworks display was pretty good, too!
  • I drove a big truck pulling a tractor loaded with 7 bales of hay for about 2 miles down the road...Alex says, before you know it, I'll be a full-fledged farm girl! (Well, probably not...I stepped in mud today on the farm and got all upset...I think my farm girl days are still far off!)
  • I had the pleasure (even though it was very sad) of taking care of a wonderful patient and family this week. I admitted him to our hospital Monday night at 6:55 pm, and I along with another nurse prounounced him at 6:55 Thursday night. He and his wife had been married 60 years....while it is sad, it is often a real pleasure to take care of these families and see the family dynamics. Sometimes I am able to take real joy (no pun intended) in helping these patients die with dignity, and we were able to help him do that. So, in sadness, things were still okay.
  • Last but not least, we got to take a SUNDAY AFTERNOON NAP!!!! I forgot how great that was!

Some pictures from our week:


Our boy with his cheesy grin!


I just love this face and crystal clear blue eyes!


A rare family picture of us on 4th of July at my parents' house.


Charlie rocking with Granddad...I don't know which one enjoys it more!



After all this good eating all week long, my plan is to begin Weight Watchers again tomorrow...wish me luck!

3 comments:

Alison said...

I took a nap today too! It only took a 4 day weekend for us to squeeze one in on the 4th day! It was wonderful!!

Great family picture. We have yet to get one of the 4 of us with everyone looking at the camera...maybe before Kara turns a year old we will accomplish that one.

Heather said...

Hey! I found your blog through Daphne's. Looks like all is well with y'all. You have a beautiful son:) Wes and I have a blog as well - I'm addicted to it, lol. It is definitely rare to get family pics around here, too. We have to take advantage when we're with the grandparents.

KristinRanae said...

Aww! We love our neighbors too:)