Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Daddy Day!

I've got much to be thankful for today, this Father's Day. Watching my own father as I grew up helped me choose the kind of person that I would want for a husband and father, and boy he set the standard high!!! There's not many people I look up to as much as my own dad. He's always loved me, protected me, disciplined me, helped me with anything and everything, and always made sure I felt important! He is the official "trash-taker-outer," the "bug killer," and the "luggage carrier." Cause that's what Daddies do, right? :)


My Daddy and me, the night before my wedding before our practice walk down the aisle...



I've got a new reason to be thankful this Father's Day....Alex's first official Father's Day! I chose wisely when marrying him...he is an amazing husband and Daddy, and I couldn't be happier! And yes, around here too, he is the official "trash-taker-outer," "bug killer," and "luggage carrier." (Girls do choose guys like their fathers!). But also I have discovered that he is a great diaper changer, baby calmer-downer, and baby entertainer-at-large. He is so proud to be a Daddy, and I can't wait to watch him grow in this role throughout the coming years.


August 19th, 2007 -- Charlie and Daddy together...


My exhausted guys trying to sneak a little nap at my parents' house.


Like father, like son...


These two boys love each other!



For Alex's first Father's Day, one of his gifts was some "Mommy and Me" pictures.... see what you think! (Again, another set of pictures showing me and Alex's mini-me)





Happy Father's Day .... all my love to my own dad and my dear husband! I love you!

3 comments:

Alison said...

Love the picture of them chewing on their fingers - too funny.

AND, the weight loss is showing - you look great! Go Joy!

teachermomoftwo said...

Those pictures of you and Charlie are gorgeous!

Kendra said...

I second Alison on loving the picture of them chewing on their fingers! That is just too cute!

The photos of you and Charlie are absolutely beautiful! I know Alex loved them!