- When the cows get out of the fence, you have to stop right then and go get them back in....even if you are in pajamas and almost ready for bed.
- Sometimes it is worth it to completely splurge and blow your Weight Watchers diet...:(
- It is very difficult to get 'Mommy and Me' pictures taken and have both people look in the same direction at the same time!
- I don't know what I would do without my mom's help.
- Take nothing and no one for granted because you never know what tomorrow holds (my former nursing school classmate's five year old son drowned this past week). I don't know how she is holding it together.
- Reynold's Wrap boxes have tabs on the sides to keep the roll in place so that it doesn't come out while you pull out the tin foil. Never knew this before.
- Getting a cup of cold water thrown on you while taking a shower is not so much fun. Payback will be interesting.
- Watching your baby clap when you come in his room at 2am is also not so funny. What a stinker.
- Having a son that loves macaroni and cheese as much as his mama does is pretty cool.
- When your main goal plan for the day is to "keep your patient alive until shift change" and you aren't sure it will happen -- it is really physically and emotionally draining.
- Watching my son figure out how to turn the pages of his book by himself and then sit and read for LONG periods of time is so neat (and so peaceful).
- My baby can squeal (out of happiness) louder than any other child in the grocery store.
- Hanging out with my husband while we run plain old errands together in the truck is a great way to squeeze in some quality time together.
- A physical fight between two female coworkers might be good for gossip, but is not really so good in reality.
- A really good hairstylist is priceless.
- When carrying a baby, always keep extra baby wipes handy (and a change of clothes) when out in public.
- When the baby snuggles in the bed with you, just go ahead and give up your comfy pillow, because you won't actually get to use it once he discovers that it is there.
Okay, is that enough for one week? It has been crazy around here, and I have a 12 hour shift tomorrow to look forward to! Thank goodness for everyone here that I have that I can depend on! Yea that the laundry is done, bills are paid, cows are in the fence, hay is baled, kitchen is clean, baby is sleeping, family is healthy...how could I ask for more?


2 comments:
Don't you hate that kids can be so cute at 2 am and the last thing you want to do is smile back at them? Andy was always ready to get up and play. Heck, he'd already slept 3 hours! Who needed more?
By the way, he turned 10 on Friday. 10!!
Okay, Joy, at 55 years old and having cooked in my own kitchen for 35 years I did not know about the tabs in the boxes of foil!!! Just checked and there they are just waiting to be used! I love your blog, who knew Joy Drury would end up being a farm wife! Hello to Alex and kisses to little Charlie! Love, Terry
Post a Comment