Sunday, May 11, 2008

Baby-Free Weekend!

Alex and I spent our first overnight away from Charlie this weekend! My parents graciously kept him while we took a quick weekend to Gatlinburg. We stayed in a cute cabin in Townsend, about 30 minutes from downtown Gatlinburg, so we had the seclusion of a cabin and beautiful outdoors feel along with the cheesiness of the tourist scene. Alex and I decided that we were going to do every silly thing we ever wanted to do when we were young but our parents wouldn't let us do...so we played arcade games, went to every Ripley's Believe It or Not Museum, went to the "As Seen on TV" shops, went on the ski lift, etc etc. We ate funnel cakes, candied apples, and lots of taffy -- and stopped at the outlet mall in Pigeon Forge on the way home (the mom in me couldn't turn down all the children's clothes outlets).

It was so nice to have just a few days away (we haven't been out of town since last May on our "Baby-moon"). We talked and laughed and feel re-energized to be back and home and come back to real life again. Enjoy some of our pictures from the weekend...





One of our FAVORITE places was the Hollywood Wax Museum....the wax figures are definitely not Maddame Trousseau's Wax Figures, but we had a blast hanging out with the stars anyways... (I was sure to hug the fake Matthew McConahay -- big misspelling, I know, but you all know who I am talking about)...

Alex waiting for the bus with Forrest Gump...


Hmmm....Alex looks too natural in this one!


(Alex is hunched over between the Men in Black -- he isn't really this short)



I am really one of Charlie's Angels in real life, didn't you know?



Okay, back to me and my hubby -- what a great vacation!

5 comments:

The Canada's said...

Awesome!

So how were the Ripley's and all that?

The Slocumb Family said...

Looks and sounds like you had a great time! It is always nice to get away for a few days, isn't it? Your little Charlie is so cute and yes, you need to baby proof since he is crawling because he will start exploring now too. Have a great week!
~Brooke

Alison said...

So jealous!!! I finally weaned Kara, so I'm looking forward to a night away soon!

Ashley Turnbull said...

Oooh, I love G-burg! Sounds like ya'll were quite the tourists, but also had some time to relax and enjoy the scenery! How fun!!

Kendra said...

Looks like ya'll had a great time! :o)