I was flipping the TV channels this morning while Charlie drank his bottle, and came across the Today show where I saw Steven Curtis Chapman's picture on the screen. I used to listen to lots of his music, but not as much anymore. My brother-in-law still loves his music, and got us to listen to this song called "Cinderella" -- if you are a Daddy with a little girl, it will make you tear up definitely. But I digress...
I missed most of the news story, so I googled the story. Apparently, one of SCC's teenage sons was backing out of the driveway last night, and ran over the youngest child (one of the three adopted girls from China), and they couldn't save her. This story has been on my mind all morning. This kind of thing happens so often, and it is so scary to me because it could happen to anyone, and did happen to one of my friend's neighbors. I don't know how you could ever get over something like that.
I drive a Honda Pilot (medium sized SUV) and then there is Alex's big truck. In the past, we've even talked about investing in one of those backing-up monitor/detector things for his truck because the visibility is so poor. Does anyone know anything about those monitors? If so, please share.
My heart is just hurting for that family and am sending prayers for them all, especially the son who was involved in the accident.
New Things
8 years ago


2 comments:
I've been reading posts on this all day...so sad. We had a rental car with a back-up camera. I was so excited about it, but it is very awkward to use (ie: instead of looking backwards, you are staring at the camera while going backwards - hard to do). While it might make someone feel better, I would think if you had it every day that you would stop looking at it after the newness of it wears off (we did after only a few days). With that said, it is better than nothing I guess - especially if it saves a life.
I heard about this also this morning on the radio. Such a sad story. Brad's parents have the back up cameras in their cars and they really like it. It is differnt but gives a much better view before putting your car in reverse. We do not have them but hopefully will get them in the next cars that we buy.
Post a Comment