Sunday, May 18, 2008

D-Day Begins Tomorrow!

I have come to realize I have taken for granted all of these years my fast metabolism and ability to eat anything I wanted, whenever I wanted. It is not so easy to be on the other side of that...I wish I could go back in time and appreciate that "skinny me" alot more than I did.

So, many of you guys who haven't seen me in the last year and a half (since my wedding or even before) haven't seen how I have physically changed at all. I have hinted at it several times, mentioning the "happy newlywed" weight I gained, and then of course the 60 pounds of "baby" weight that added on top of that. Because I had a difficult time with incision pain following the c-section, my "get-up-and-go" attitude got moved aside for several months. I began following Weight Watchers in January, and immediately lost 9 pounds in 5 weeks. I was thrilled of course, especially when people started asking me if I was losing weight. That is the real tell-tale sign, right? You know, when other people can tell a difference.

Well, one random day at the beginning of February, those darned Cadbury Eggs came out on the shelves, and I was a goner from then on. Not having cheated the whole month of January, I guess I have made up for lost time! Since then, luckily I haven't gained any weight back, I just haven't lost any more. Sadly, if I had kept up with it, at the rate I was going, I would have already reached my goal weight by now....

So, I am jumping back in as of Monday morning! My weigh-in day is on Mondays, so I plan to update the blog about it around that time. And I need everyone's support! So, if I lose a pound or two during the week -- throw me some encouragement! It really helps. And, dare I gain any poundage during this experience -- let me hear from you too! I think if I know I am accountable to my friends -- maybe it will be helpful for me.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joy - I just wanted to encourage you on your WW journey. I've been a WW leader for the last 13 years -I lost 78 pounds back in 1995 - so I know the struggle involved in getting it off and keeping it off. I know you can do it - hang in there - know that I'm praying for you. Babs Christy

Alison said...

Looks like my mom already beat me to a post :). The way I look at it is, you have already lost 9 lbs, so I know you can lose 9 more. One step at a time! Of course, sometimes that is easier said then done, but I know you can do it!

Daisy said...

Don't forget the exercise! I'm a bigger fan of exercise more than dieting, but every person's body is different and needs different things - do what's right for you.

Here's to getting your "get-up-and-go" back!!! I'm rootin' for you, Joy!

The Slocumb Family said...

Good Luck Joy!!! I know how you feel about the "baby" weight. I have been exercising but not dieting so I have not lost the weight either. Hopefully I will be encouraged by you and can get some of this weight off. Keep us posted and food that you are eating on Weight Watchers.

Gypsy Girl said...

You can do it!!! May you find strength in the Lord to press on toward your goal! I'm cheering for you. Love you!

Anonymous said...

Hey - AWESOME!! I've been trying to kick baby weight, too, and since I'm still nursing a 4 month old, I can't cut back on my calorie intake that much and still give good milk. So...that leaves good ole exercise!! I've bought some new running shoes and a double stroller and my husband is on board with me, so we'll see what happens! We'll do it at the same time! Jen :)

teachermomoftwo said...

Hey Mrs. Joy! I've been on WW since February. I've lost 8 pounds over a 2 month period but now I've hit a plateau. I've got to jump start again somehow! Anyway, I tried a Monday weigh in, but stressed all through the weekend. I changed my weigh day to Friday and I don't stress as much.