Tuesday, August 19, 2008

A Day of Firsts

Besides today being Charlie's first birthday, we had several 'firsts' occur today as well...
  • He waved "bye bye" today at the appropriate time to one of my friends! He has waved many times before, kind of a half-wave where we weren't quite sure if he was really waving or not -- but this was the real thing!
  • He crawled on his hands and feet up the concrete stairs on our front porch -- crawled very quickly, I might add! I think we've got more baby proofing to do!
  • He had his first Sonic meal -- chicken fingers and french fries!
  • For dinner tonight, he drank an entire bottle's amount of milk FROM A CUP!!!! YEA! We are finally making progress!

We sang Happy Birthday to him at 8:33 tonight, because that's when he REALLY turned one year old (he was half-asleep and really ready to be in his bed, but we kept him up anyways). So I leave you with two pictures: one from the first few minutes of his life on a Sunday night in August 2007, and one from the afternoon of his first birthday (August 2008).



We love you, sweet baby boy!

6 comments:

Kendra said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kendra said...

How precious! Happy Birthday, little guy! I hope your day was great!

Daisy said...

Happy Birthday, Charlie!

Carmen's Blog of Useles Facts... said...

Happy, Happy birthday. Man, I sure remember the drama from last year. What a cutie is was and is!

Alison said...

Happy Birthday Charlie...moving right on into those toddler years!!

Alison said...

was one of his firsts riding in the car forward facing? It was a whole new world when Levi could see what was going on. Unfortunatly I don't think Kara is going to make it to 20 lbs by her first birthday :(.