Wednesday, August 27, 2008

What is Your Kryptonite?

Okay, so I might have mispelled the word Kryptonite.... :)

Alison's post from today got Alex and I thinking (see The Fields' blog, topic "What is your Superpower?") We were trying to come up with things that we considered our 'weird skills,' and it was a whole lot easier to find things that we were NOT good at. For instance, I can't cook or keep plants alive. Alex can do both very well. The list could go on and on. Hmm, it seems to be very easy for me to find things I don't do well...

I digress...Alex and I then started thinking about what makes us completely 'come apart' -- in other words, our very own kryptonite! So here we go, letting you into our weird little world...

What makes me have a come-apart? When my food touches each other on the plate -- Alex says I just shut down for a moment and can't function.

Alex-- well, he says his would be when the Krispy Kreme guy brings the 'hot now's' down the road -- if he sees the KK truck, it is all over!

Since now we have made a very few of our eccentrities public, tell us -- what is your kryptonite?

5 comments:

Kristen said...

My kryptonite is being woken up in the morning. Having a baby doesn't help with this one. Jimbo can't stand to have sand or anything like it on his feet unless we're on the beach.

Anonymous said...

Mine is pulling raw cotton out of the medicine jar. YUCK! I get chills all over and have to take a minute to regroup!

Carmen's Blog of Useles Facts... said...

Getting stuck in traffic...

oh yes, and I'm moving to the metro Atlanta area. Look for many "come aparts" to come. :)

Daisy said...

Functioning with no sleep. I get sassy. I can't help it. I let the worst in me emerge when the reservoir gets too low. I worry for my unborn children.

Alison said...

First, you obviously don't have your eggplant in your plants or they would be thriving. I'm proud to say that mine is still in a plant in our kitchen! Can you believe that?

Second, mine is very similar to Carr's...riding shotgun in a car when the driver is one of those "last minute" stoppers and comes about a half-an-inch from the car in front of it every time. This is especially heightened in heavy traffic when it is speed up, slow down, speed up. I seriously almost had a panic attack when we were in DC one time and it seems to be getting worse. I need therapy!!

PS: If you highlight a word and hit the "link" button at the top, a box will pop up and it will allow you to put the website address in. That way you can link stuff up in your blog. Ignore me if you already knew that - my head is exploding in sinus pain right now.