Monday, August 4, 2008

No More Baby Food Jars!!

I think we have finally reached that point...you know, the point when the food bill drops because you no longer have to purchase tons of little baby food jars! Charlie is eating regular food for all three meals now!!! This may not seem like a big deal, but we (well, mostly me) are SO excited! And I have discovered the trick of getting him to eat whatever...a little bite of applesauce helps everything go down easier!!! So far, so good!

Now, if we can just figure out how to get rid of that baby bottle, but we'll cross that bridge soon...


Here are some pictures from our weekend.

We picked TONS of fresh figs on the farm...believe it or not, I've never had one before, but they are really good! They have a taste all their own. Charlie even slurped them right down!



Okay, Charlie's other new favorite thing is our shower! He squeals and giggles and crawls all around the floor of the shower for bathtime, and if one of us gets in without him, he stands and beats on the door to make sure we notice him! This is not a great picture, but I kind of had to be careful how I aimed the camera (note Alex's feet in the background -- he was really thrilled with me taking these pictures, you can just imagine his happiness). Anyways, here is our water baby playing with his shower 'toy' -- an empty bottle....what a way to pass the evening!


***By the way, Alex and I had DATE NIGHT the other night for the first time in ages and we watched The Bucket List on DVD....probably one of the best movies I have seen in as long as I can remember. Rent if if you haven't seen it!

6 comments:

Daisy said...

I've never had a fig either.

That shower shot is SO cute! My first thought was: "There's the baby picture for the senior yearbook."

Chrissie Ficken said...

You don't remember eating figs in Grandmama's backyard when we were little? We used to pick them right off the tree.

Joy said...

Chrissie - I remember a fig tree in her backyard, but I don't remember tasting them.

Now Mama says she has to have a fig tree in her backyard, because that will make her a true Grammy...:)

The Slocumb Family said...

I know that you are excited about Charlie eating "adult food". That shower is so cute! Brock is at this stage too. He loves getting in the shower with Brad. If you mention the word "shower" he starts to take his clothes off. Little boys are always up to something!!

Alison said...

Congrats on getting out of the most expensive phase ever...diapers, formula and baby food...at least until they are teenagers :).

Kendra said...

Love the shower shot! :o)

And I understand your excitement about not having to buy baby food anymore! :o)